- GSoC 2018: A new performance-focused urlparse library for Scrapy
- GSoC 2018: Developing a replacement library for urllib
- GSoC 2018: Testing Rust-url, Chromium-gurl, uriparser
- GSoC 2018: Replacing urlparse progress (Python libraries)
- GSoC 2018: How to profile a piece of code
- GSoC 2018: Building a benchmarker for components that use urllib.parse
- GSoC 2018: First week of Community Bonding period
- GSoC 2018: The first blog post for Google Summer of Code
- GSoC 2018: My proposal for Google Summer of Code
- GSoC 2018: Application
- Setting up Wordpress on your local machine
Setting up Wordpress on your local machine
This post will show you how to setup a Wordpress site on your local machine
First, you will need to download MAMP on your computer. It can be downloaded from Here
You will also need to download Wordpress in order to set up Wordpress on your local machine (of course lol). It can be found Here
After setting up MAMP, you should be able to find MAMP app in the Application folder. Open it up and you should see the “htdocs” folder in it.
Extract the Wordpress file that you downloaded and put it inside the “htdocs” folder. Rename the Wordpress file to the name of your project, such as “portfolio”
Start MAMP, click on “Preference -> Ports” and make sure the setting matches the one in the image below. Note: You might need to restart MAMP when you have changed its settings.
On MAMP opening page, you should see the “Open Webstart Page” button. Click on it and it should redirect you to the site that looks like this:
Note the username and password. You will need it for the next part.
Optional: This step will make it easier for you to manage your site database. Therefore, it’s fine if you don’t want to do it.
Download Sequel Pro Here and set it up on your computer.
Start Sequel Pro and connect to your localhost server, using the ID and password from your MAMP webstart page.
- Create a new database, name it after the project name that you gave to your Wordpress folder in “htdocs”. It’s important that they have the same name. Then you should be good to go!
Now go to http://localhost/[your-project-name] to set up your Wordpress site.
For the database name, you need to use the database name that you created in Sequel Pro. Username and password are the ones in MAMP webstart page.
Follow the instruction in the setup until you reach the Wordpress dashboard.
Click on the home button on the upper left corner to see your website on localhost.
That’s it for now! If you have any feedback on this please let me know by emailing me! My email is shown at the end of the page.