- GSoC 2018: A new performance-focused urlparse library for Scrapy
- GSoC 2018: Developing a replacement library for urllib
- GSoC 2018: Testing Rust-url, Chromium-gurl, uriparser
- GSoC 2018: Replacing urlparse progress (Python libraries)
- GSoC 2018: How to profile a piece of code
- GSoC 2018: Building a benchmarker for components that use urllib.parse
- GSoC 2018: First week of Community Bonding period
- GSoC 2018: The first blog post for Google Summer of Code
- GSoC 2018: My proposal for Google Summer of Code
- GSoC 2018: Application
- Setting up Wordpress on your local machine
GSoC 2018: Building a benchmarker for components that use urllib.parse
A new benchmarker for the components that use urllib.parse
The benchmarker that I built can be seen here. This benchmarker will help me out a lot when profiling the main components that use functions from the urlparse library!
There are 3 functions that we need to pay attention to:
w3lib.url , file_uri_to_path, which uses urlparse Safe_url_string, which uses urlsplit and urlunsplit Canonicalize_url, which uses urlparse, parse_qsl, quote, urlunparse Therefore, I made this benchmarker to measure the speed of those 3 functions directly from w3lib!
More analysis on this is coming soon!